Nicholas Carr does a great job of putting the current hype over cloud computing into a historical and economic context.
- Cloud is analogous to historical shifts with disruptive technologies
- Reactions to these shifts have been emotional, but the benefits quickly drove adoption
- The infrastructure and business models for Cloud computing are now robust
- The Cloud assumes collaboration which will drive experimentation & innovation
- Conflict between IT and the business can be overcome in the Cloud